October is a great month for a lot of reasons (Trick or Treat, anyone?!?), but one reason we love October is because of National Friends of Libraries Week from October 21st-27th.
“A library outranks any other one thing a
community can do to benefit its people. It is a
never failing spring in the desert.”Andrew Carnegie
- Volunteer to help at events throughout the year, including our annual Gingerbread House program and Summer Library Program (SLP).
- Participate in monthly book sales, either buying or donating books and other materials.
- Help deliver books to homebound customers within the county.
- Support the library at legislative events.
- Donate to help supplement materials for library events (like the Gingerbread House program in December) and educational toys and games (at each branch).
Join us this month at the library and become a Friend today! You can connect with us on Facebook or Twitter. You’ll find a wealth of information, entertainment, programming, job support, computer instruction, and much more.
Print bookmarks featuring quotes of well-known people and then pass them out to all your own friends!